Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day salute

All of a sudden I have four extraordinary mothers in my life. I have no idea how I have become this fortunate, but I cannot let this day pass without commending them.
First, of course, is the person I know as Mom. I owe everything to you, Mom. There is not a day that has gone by in my life that I am not reminded in some small way or another how influential you are in my life. Whether it be the cookies I get on a nearly weekly basis, or the way I interact with the people around me or how how I approach the challenges of daily life, I see your signature on the some of the best of my qualities. Thank you, Mom, I love you.
I cannot properly express how wonderful a mother Erin is. She does not accept the praise I give her. I have left her alone to care for Rosemary; I come home to find Rose is every bit of what I hoped she would be. I do not know how to tell you how much I appreciate you as a mother to my daughter. Thank you.
These qualities Erin possesses, are due, of course, to her role model. Lynda, you have raised Erin to be such a wonderful person, I thank you for that. I will never forget the promise I made to you on my wedding day. I also owe you the thanks of a grateful son-in-law; you have accepted me into your family without condition. The more I look around, the more I see that this is not a common thing and for that I am eternally grateful.
Last but certainly not least is you, Brenda. My heart breaks to think of how you have enriched my world. I cannot find the words of gratitude I feel for you. Thank you for being everything I am not.
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
Cliff