Thursday, May 1, 2008

One more time

Hello again,
I am back in Kuwait. I had a great vacation. I was amazed to find Rosie such a different person than the baby I left even at Thanksgiving. She is constantly talking and singing. She seems to be always happy and never seriously upset, though she is definitely a two year old. Now, let me take this opportunity to say two things: I have the benefit of being a novelty to Rosie so she spends a lot of time trying to charm me (almost like she is courting me, and to my shame I allow it and return the favor with ice cream and chocolate milk like a grandparent spoils a grandchild), secondly Rosemary's charm is truely due to the hard work and parenting skills of her mother and care taker. I am certain that Erin has some disagreement with me here because she gets all of the difficult stuff, but this is what I see. Anyway, we had a great time in Mexico and Rosie and I played away our days at home. We even got a chance to go sledding and to build a snowman (I know there are some out there that believe that storm was my fault, not so).
Kuwait will prove to be a real obsticle this time. There were quite a few sandstorms just before I arrived and that has backed up traffic quite a bit. Erin and I have already started planning our next adventure: Japan. I will have less than two months to go when I finally get in country, WOO-HOO! I have a much lower stress level than my previos visits here and am looking forward to saying goodbye to this place forever.
Well, my computer time is just about up here, so until I get to Iraq, take care and I'll will see you all soon,
Cliff

2 comments:

Sharon's Musings said...

You sound much more relaxed than I expected. Glad for that. Hope that keeps up.
Love
MoMster

Anonymous said...

Hi Cliff,

How are you doing? great that you keep blogging. When is your duty finished and are you heading back home?. Archie told me he will be in the Netherlands this summer so we two will meet.

I was in Turkey last week for vacation and had a good time. we have plans to move there. Ok hang in there and love to hear more from you.

All the best

Mitch