Friday, August 17, 2007

Mea culpa

So, it's been a while. Sorry about that. I have been a little discouraged lately and I just hate to get on here and tell you about awful I feel, so I tend to skip it instead. But, last night as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep I thought of when I can come home and here is a little snip-it of my logic:
I have been here a month and a half, and I will go home for a visit around Thanksgiving time. That is about four and a half months into my stay. I will get back here in the early part of December. Then my next trip will be just three months, maybe three and a half, away. That puts me back here again in late March and from there it is just a hop skip and a jump to June my last month here. So, if I can make another three weeks, I'll be half way to home. Once back here again it will be two easy three month jogs to get back to reality.
That's what I've got to keep me sane, and I'm sticking to it. I have to go right now but I'll be back soon. I don't see a lot of comments so it doesn't feel like people are reading this, but in my letters I always hear about how so-and-so likes to keep up and cousins and distant family so I will try harder to keep it up and upbeat. But, it sure would be nice to see some comments. Not to mention letters. I know I owe some of you letters out there and I am working on that, if you send one you will get one. I think of you all often and look forward to seeing you soon,
Cliff

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you again! We check your blog often and were waiting for another entry. We sent a package out to you today. Hope it arrives soon and it contains things you like!!! Your lovely wife and daughter are taking care of our offspring tomorrow night so we can go to a Cheap Trick/Steve Miller concert at Ft. McCoy - kind of a late anniversary date! Take Care Cliff - miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Heyder, Erd.

I know how you feel (well, except that my exile is voluntary and in California). If the communication gets thin it starts to seem like nobody is thinking about you. Rest assured, though, that when I actually do talk to someone else who knows you, well, we're gossiping all about you. I heard about that "thing" by the way -- see a doctor and get rid of it.

You're loved and missed, Cliff. Don't forget about that when you are loving and missing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cliff~
This is Lori, Erin's cousin. My Mom is Rosalie (aka Gramma Rose)...my daughter Elizabeth just graduated from Craig High School in Janesville. We had a little party for her "up north" at my Mom and Elwin's on August 4th..the reason I tell you this is because we got to see your Rosie and Erin!!! You have the most wonderful wife and Rosie is sweet as can be. I want you to know that we do look forward to your thoughts...and try to understand a bit of what you are going through. We do keep you in our prayers and even tho I can't quite imagine what it is really like, hang in there and know that so many people think of you and care!
Take good care...Lori

Anonymous said...

I will email. But, yes, everyone I talk to is checking out this sight so be sure it is well read.
Love
MoMster

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Cliff~as Lori said we are thinking of you sooooooooooooooo much! Love you~Susie

Anonymous said...

cliff-

glad to read your blog entry! did you get a chance to listen to CD i made you? hope the songs made you smile! that was the intent, anyways. hope the jokes made you laugh out loud. i'm keeping busy at work with the 35W bridge collapse....what a mess! i'm also getting ready to pack my bags and head back out west to Oregon. hopefully the job i interviewed for will come thru for me. take care and hang in there!
karen

Unknown said...

Cliffy...

I am checking this blog almost daily when I get into work. I was worried about you as you had not had a new posting in a while. I wish there was more exciting things to tell you about...I got a new position at work where I get to use my Spanish and it will involve some travel...I finish up my scuba certification this weekend and then will be hitting up Belize in December. It rains a lot here lately and does not seem to stop - I am worries my grass is going to come back to life and then I will have to mow :( A 50 foot branch fell from my tree the other day, thankfully it fell vertically, so there was no damage to the powerlines, garage, fence...damn small backyards in the city or darn tree that seems to vomit branches all over my yard whenever there is a small amount of wind.

toodles. -k