Tuesday, June 26, 2007

CRC

First out I need to send a huge THANK YOU to Uncle Gary and Aunt Te. I was having a very difficult time adjusting to the unknown and they opened their home to me. Their hospitality was gracious and so welcome. I can't say enough how much I appreciate their help in a time of need. And, also thank to Duffus (sp?), who is vying for the goodest good dog, for his companionship and spirit.
Now, CRC, or CONUS (continental US) Replacement Center, what can anyone say? This place puts a very fine point on why we need contractors in the military. In the last 4 days I have completed about 5 hours of work, and stood in lines or waited to stand in line for about 40 hours. The frustration gets to me around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, when I hits some ridiculous, unforeseeable road-block. Then I get a MRE (meal ready to eat) for lunch while someone holds my space in line, until I get released around 7:30. A saving grace at this point is the shopette, where I can get a six-pack before I rush off to eat a couple bites of institutional food at the mess hall. Clearly this is the SOP (standard operating procedure) around here, because none of the people in control seem phased by the SNAFU (figure it out on your own).
I think we will leave here Friday, Saturday or Sunday (very precise, I know) for Kuwait. It sounds like a nasty flight but I really am looking forward to getting out of here, as my 365 day clock won't start until I get over and this place is not pleasant.
My internet access is bad, I get one half hour when I can get on one of the 10 computers for the 500 people here. It doesn't look much better overseas either, but that is just conjecture at this point. I am sorry if I can't get to any messages very fast but please don't let that stop you from sending them as they mean a lot to me. I will try to get to all of them ASAP.
I miss you all greatly, already. I'll see you soon, and talk to you sooner,
Cliff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff eats boogers! I know it, I've seen it!

e

Anonymous said...

Yuh. I've seen it too.