Sunday, June 3, 2007

So here is the story

I am reporting to Fort Benning, GA on the 23rd of June. They will give me the once over, spit on me a few times to make sure I can take it, tell me not to have sex with anyone, and give me some useless gear. Then I head out in a week or so to Qatar and on to COB(Contingency Operating Base) Speicher located near Tikrit, Iraq. I found a description of the base and its history, it is a bit dated but will give you some idea of what's in store for the Cliffster. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/al-sahra.htm
I'll work a lot, I think. Maybe ten or twelve hour days six days a week. I like to think of it as McDonald's summer camp in the middle of the desert with automatic weapons. They try to make these places as comfortable as possible to keep morale up and provide for the guys who are really putting "it" on the line.
Other than that, I know nothing. But when I find out, all of the boring details will be spelled out here. See you then.

2 comments:

Archie Paulson said...

Erd, this is excellent! Now I know where to go to find out what's really goin-on. (And to Mom, too, of course.)

Tapperlap said...

What's Cool Rosie drinkin' that's keepin' her so darn cool?